There isn’t a whole lot about September 2012 I remember. Except that it was one month away from our wedding. For a girl who LOVES football (and that’s an understatement), I didn’t attend one LSU game and the husband constantly reminds me I had nothing to do with football – college or professional – last year.
If I think hard enough, September was about cutting and tying LOTS of ribbon for favors and programs. It was poring over every detail to make sure there was a plan A, B, C and dare I say D. Ensuring there was not one detail I hadn’t thought about.
I wouldn’t trade last September, but this September I realized I needed/wanted to take a step back. You already know that the Fall is my favorite season of the year, so why wouldn’t I enjoy every-single-second?
It’s nearly impossible to be in the wedding industry and not know who Lara Casey is. Following her Instagram and blog posts have lightened social media for me (another post on that coming soon) and her #SavorSeptember motto stuck with me. (Here’s a link to her post about Intentional August and Savor September).
While I’m a little late to the party being that it’s already September 10, I have a lot of ground to make up. But, better late than never right?
A few key points to my #SavorSeptember include:
- focusing more on the things I already have rather than the things I want
- enjoying Lafayette rather than dwelling on the things I miss about Baton Rouge
- enjoying my Baton Rouge friendships while building new ones in Lafayette;
- enjoying every ounce of fall weather; and
- making the most of the weekends – event and non-event ones. 🙂